30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Monday, October 7, 2013

I Manned Up...

And finally got me some ink.  Check out my first tattoo...

1971 Topps Tattoos #74

It was a brutal process... since the seller took a little longer than expected to ship.  To make matters worse, he sent it in a PWE (although I can't complain too much... only paid 42¢ for shipping).  As soon as I recover, I'll start chasing down the other five Oakland Athletics tattoos from the set:  Sal Bando, Reggie Jackson, A's logo, Bert Campaneris, and Rick Monday.  And maybe... just maybe, I'll grab some Padres ink too.

Switching gears...

I was bummed that I didn't get a chance to watch today's playoff game between the Tigers and A's.  What's up with the 10:07am start time?  Not cool MLB... not cool.  And since my district blocks students and teachers from watching most online videos... I couldn't check out the highlights until I finally made it home this evening.


Glad the Athletics were able grab one in Detroit and even things out.  It was also cool to finally give the rest of the nation a taste of Balfour Rage.  I'm sure Tigers fans aren't amused... but anyone who has watched this guy pitch knows that he loves to yell obscenities to himself.  Hopefully things work out for the A's and Balfour makes another appearance in the series.

Happy Monday and sayonara!

4 comments:

Play at the Plate said...

I spent 6 years in the Navy and didn't get inked. Now I'm jealous.

Greg Zakwin said...

Players are waaaaay to sensitive.

Ana Lu said...

Are you going to use that tattoo? I used to put some that I got on chips packs just for the fun to scare my parents ;)

The Lost Collector said...

Very cool tattoos. Topps should bring these back, although they would probably get scolded for endorsing tattoos or something.